Trade Apprenticeship training in Kerala is both a Central and State Initiative. It is Implemented in the state by the Industrial Training Department under the Labour Ministry through its 14 Related Instruction Centres in all districts and the State directorate in Thiruvanthapuram
Apprenticeship Training Process
1. Representative of SAA to visit and conduct survey of the establishment to analyse facilities available for Apprenticeship Training.
2. Representative of SAA to fix No. of seats per trade for engagement as apprentice in the establishment.
3. Panel consisting of details of candidates registered for App training forwarded to the establishment from RI Centre.
4. Establishment to Notify all candidates in the panel a suitable date for Interview by post.
5. Establishment to conduct interview and select suitable candidate
6. Establishment to forward the list of selected & Absent candidates to the RI Centre.
7. Contract of Apprenticeship to be Signed with the Apprentice and the same registered with the RI Centre within 1 Week of Appointment.
To Start Apprenticeship Training for the candidate.
It is obligatory on the part of employers both in Public and Private Sector establishments having requisites training infrastructure as laid down in the Act, to engage apprentices.
254 groups of industries covered under the Act.
24815 establishments engage trade apprentices.
Trade apprentices are paid stipend at following rates : Rs. 1490 p.m for 1st year, Rs. 1700 p.m. for 2nd year, Rs. 1970 p.m. for 3rd year and 2220 p.m for 4th year.
The expenditure on stipend for trade apprentices is borne by the employers.
The rates of stipend for Graduate, Technician & Technician (Vocational) apprentices are Rs. 3560 p.m, Rs. 2530 p.m. and Rs. 1970 p.m. respectively.
Expenditure on Stipend for the categories of Graduate, Technician & Technician (Vocational) apprentices is shared equally between the employer and the Central Government.
Rates of stipend are revised every two years based on Consumer Price Index.
|R I Centre||Trivandrum||0471-2501867|
|R I Centre||Kollam||0474-2747969|
|R I Centre||Alappuzha||0477-2230124|
|R I Centre||Kottayam||0481-2570803|
|R I Centre||Kalamassery||0484-2555866|
|R I Centre||Thrissur||0487-2424489|
|R I Centre||Palakkad||0491-2500761|
|R I Centre||Kozhikode||0495-2370289|
|R I Centre||Kannur||0497-2704588|